Vibration Sensor Node (SD-VSN-1)
The SD-VSN-1 Vibration Sensor Node has been discontinued and replaced by the SD-VSN-2 Vibration Sensor Node.
Reliable and Flexible Monitoring
Vibration Sensor Nodes provide vibration monitoring in the most hard-to-reach, rugged locations. Each node communicates directly with a receiver, which stores the data on a Collection Server. The data is transmitted wirelessly and imported into the Vibration Monitoring Software system, where machine health can be quickly and accurately monitored.
The system is highly configurable. Up to 24 sensor nodes can send vibration data to each receiver. The sensors can be configured to transmit data on your selected frequency, and different monitoring bands can be implemented to caution or warn you when the frequency reaches a specified level.
SmartDiagnostics® can predict failure before it occurs, saving money spent on unnecessary replacements and extending machine life. At the same time, energy costs are reduced, as cleaner running machines are more efficient.
- Cooling Towers
- Pumping Stations
- HVAC System Equipment
- Paper & Metal Manufacturing
- Power Plants
- Food & Beverage Packing Facilities
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Accurately monitors vibration and temperature in a variety of locations.
- Allows wireless communication for instant results and efficient operation.
- Robust industrial-grade design allows vibration sensor nodes to be reliably used in harsh industrial environments.
- Very easy installation – no wires, no tools – locate, place and go.
- Requires no batteries – extremely low power operation enables use with energy harvesters
|Dimensions||27.5mm x 27mm x 62mm (1.08in x 1.06in x 2.44in)|
|Power Consumption||For a heartbeat ping rate of 4 seconds and a vibration data collection rate of once per hour the 3.6 Volt battery should last for 8 years, equates to 123uW power consumption (See "Battery Life" below for more information).|
|Measurement Range||16 G|
|Measurement Resolution||0.0078 G (1σ FS)|
|Bandwidth Frequency Range||0-1600 Hz|
|Spectral Resolution||944 spectral lines|
|Temperature Measurement Range||-40° to 80°C|
|Temperature Accuracy||+/- 0.5°C with proper calibration|
|Environmental Testing||-40° to 85°C storage & operating, IP65 enclosure, 5ft drop on concrete surface|
|Model Numbers||SD-VSN-1 (Regular) and SD-VSN-1-N (Class I, Division II Nonincindive Certified)|
The VSN is designed to be very energy efficient so that it can operate continuously for many years when powered by a 3.6 Volt battery or virtually indefinitely on a harvester.
The actual amount of power consumed (and therefore the effective battery life) is dictated by two factors:
- The frequency at which the sensor sends a heartbeat ping to the PRN, and
- The frequency at which the sensor collects and transmits vibration data to the PRN.
The heartbeat ping takes very little energy so the primary driver of battery life is governed by the vibration data collection frequency which you configure based on your business needs. The graph below illustrates how battery life varies with changes to collection frequency assuming the sensor heartbeats every four seconds.
Happy Holidays from KCF Technologies https://t.co/TsDfGk80jx